Here are some “best-ever” packing tips from www.tripadvisor.com
- Pack light to travel light. If you can manage with a carry-on, do so. Trying to take half of the things you need and twice the money. You can make buying a few new items a fun part of the adventure!
- Capitalize on empty suitcase space. Roll your clothes, instead of folding them. Stuff socks, underwear, and accessories inside of shoes. Leave no space unused.
- Bag it. Kitchen sandwich bags can be used to hold your accessories, vacuum pack bags can be space savers, and trash bags have multiple uses (laundry bag, shoe cover).
- Create compartments. Two words: packing cube. If you are visiting more than one city during your trip, packing cubes will keep your suitcase organized and save you from having to pack and unpack.
- Pack a sleep mask or earplugs. These can come in handy on a plane, train, or hotel room.
- Keep a sarong or scarf in your carry-on. They can be used as a blanket on the plane, or on a chilly evening out.
- Skip airport snacks and bring your own. You can save yourself a bit of money and keep your hunger at bay if you have a delayed flight.
- Share packing space. Traveling as a couple? Split your clothes between two suitcases on the off chance one of them gets lost during the flight.
- Make copies before leaving home. If you are traveling out of the country, make two photocopies of your passport. Use your smartphone to take pictures of your car in the airport’s parking garage and do the same for your luggage and its contents in case it gets lost.